VIDEO SUBMISSION SURF CONTEST
WHAT IS THE CONTEST ALL ABOUT?
We want you on a DASH surfboard! Why? Well… being involved in the surfing world, we get to witness a lot of next level surfing. But many of the talented kids that we see ripping are doing it on old and beat up equipment. We are hosting this contest in hopes that some up and coming shredder impresses our wetsuits off so that we can get them on a DASH surfboard of His or Her choice.
WHO CAN ENTER?
This contest is open to anybody and everybody. Long boarders, short boarders, single fin, thrusters, even hydro foils… In our eyes, surfing is surfing no matter what way you go about it.
That being said… DASH specializes in classic single fin longboards and we typically enjoy watching that style of surfing more than other styles. BUT our minds are open to anything. Show us what you got!
This is a world wide contest. As long as you got waves to surf and a camera to capture it, you have as much of a chance as anybody to win.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Great Question! I am glad you asked.
1. Post a One Minute video of yourself surfing on Instagram.
2. Follow and Tag the following in your submission on Instagram: #oneminutedash / @dashsurfboards | @oneillusa / #firstnameinthewater | @maryjoebrand / #maryjoebrand | @tannersurfboards / #tannersurfboards
3. Submit your video via email to: email@example.com
4. Submit video by 6/20/2019 .
The #ONEMINUTEDASH contest will be judged by LEVI PRAIRIE.
Your only goal should be to impress Levi as he will decide who takes home the prizes.
It may serve you well to familiarize yourself with Levi’s interests and influences. He has been known to enjoy quirky and unconventional surfing.
WHEN WILL THE WINNER BE ANNOUNCED?
Our champion and our runners up will be announced on 6/21/2019. This is the day after your final day to submit (6/20/2019).
We chose this day because it is the last day of school at Newport Harbor High School and we want whoever wins to have a board to enjoy this summer.
- Video must be under a minute.
- Music isn’t required but a little production value might score you some points.
- Have fun with it!
- Footage submitted should be relatively recent.
- This is NOT a nose riding contest. Although nose riding is cool, we prefer to see diversity in your surfing.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES FOR THE TOP FOUR BEST VIDEOS?